Ok my thoughts (and I am brand new to this, so my thoughts may not amount to much):
- We were after a backup power supply, and as I looked into solar, I understood that there are two types…
- one that feeds the grid, and earns rebates/credits… but when the grid goes down, so does your power, as you technically are using the grid as your surplus.
-the other, one that you yourself have batteries that if the grid goes down, you don’t lose power. (At least that’s my basic understanding), and I understand that Lifepo (lithium iron phosphate is the best to date) so I have purchased:
- 2 EP500PRO’s
- 12V/30A aviation cable
- 12V/24V lead acid charging cable
- EP500PRO split phase fusion box
- 12V/24V Car charging cable
- EP500PRO UPS Box
- EP500PRO- 500W AC charger
- 24 BougeRv 200w Solar panels
My goal is to achieve two 2,400W arrays that will solar charge the two EP500PRO’s.
While I understand that I will now start having to watch my power usage to get a feel for their capability to support our needs, my immediate thought is I may try to make Saturday/Sunday “Solar usage weekends” and just run off the Bluetti’s in non power outage scenarios, and expand from there?
Anyway, hoping to learn more from others and gain some intelligence as I start this journey🙏🏼